Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Clearing Out The Ministry Budget

We were expecting guest on Sunday afternoon for only one night, however we received a text Friday sometime in the morning that said due to circumstances completely designed by God, they were making their way back by bus from the coastal areas of Oaxaca.  As Sam picked them up at the bus station after a long slow trip on winding rain soaked roads, Hurrican Carlotta began to hit the Pacific coast of Oaxaca, Mexico.  By Saturday morning the very road they traveled the day before would be impassable!  We serve a great God and as a bonus we got some extra time with our friends.

Despite the use of the word "minor" in reference to damage by the news agencies in the U.S, we have learned that many have lost homes, electricity is out in many areas and water and food are short.  The village of Pluma Hildago in particular lost two young girls in a mud slide, many homes, is still without electricity, is having food shortages and as many as 1200 are living in shelters.

At this moment we are planning to make our way down to the coast through the passable roads near Port Escondido and around to Pluma if at all possible.  We will take as much rice, beans, vegetables and chicken as our cooler, van and/or ministry (and probably some of our personal) budget can handle.  We have no idea what the next several days hold.  Please pray with us as we seek God's direction.

Our goal is to show the love of God both physically and spiritually.  If you are interested in helping please go to our wed site and make a paypal donation.  But most importantly, please pray!  Pray for safety as we travel, pray for opportunities and open doors, pray we would have a spirit to serve even when we are tired, pray for our children as they accompany us and serve along side us.  Thank you!


We had everything loaded and the kids buckled in before 10:00 a.m. this morning and just as we began to pull out Sam noticed a the smell of radiator fluid.  The men made attempts to fix it all day.  I think it will be fixed in the next couple of hours, but we will have to delay our trip until tomorrow, which we all feel is God's perfect timing.  Thank you for your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts with me.